As an affiliate marketer, your pathway to success can depend on the platform that you decide to use to promote the products and services that will generate your income.
Whether you have a blog, are creating content on Youtube, or promoting products or services on your social media, your primary focus as an affiliate marketer is to have the best quality product or service available for potential customers.
This is where the right affiliate marketing programs are advantageous to affiliate marketers.
An affiliate program is basically an agreement between a company and an affiliate marketer, that the affiliate will get a percentage, or a commission, of every sale of a product or service that the affiliate helps the company to make.
Each sale that the affiliate generates, is tracked by a special “affiliate link”, provided to the affiliate by the company.
Some affiliate programs may promote one type of product or service, while others promote several products or services aligned with their brand or company.
You also have affiliate marketplaces, which is what this blog post is more geared towards.
Affiliate marketplaces are companies that house not just one but a vast array of affiliate companies, which the affiliate can promote products and services for.
Affiliate marketplaces are ideal for beginner affiliate marketers, since a wider selection of products and services for you to promote, is likely to increase your ability to make sales and generate income.
Here is my list of the top 10 affiliate marketing programs for beginner affiliates, that you can join to help take your affiliate marketing journey to the next level.
Currently, one of the most talked about and widely used affiliate marketing marketplaces, Clickbank is a diverse marketplace that has a large amount of merchants across many industries.
- They have a large database that’s easy to navigate
- Reputable network with 17 years in the industry
- Products with recurring commissions
- Products with up to 75% commission
- Free to join
- They have a $150 limit of how much you can earn per referral sale, regardless of the product.
2. Amazon Associates
Launched in 1996, Amazon Associates is one of the oldest and arguably the most popular affiliate market program Amazon Associates is where a lot of affiliate marketers start their career.
The e-commerce giant sells just about everyting under the sun, which makes them one of the most favorite for affiliate marketers.
- All of the purchases made by the shopper that clicks your link, counts towards your affiliate revenue, not just the product that you linked to
- Large diverse selection of products. A one-stop shop for many people, causing orders to be a lot bigger than the one product link they click on
- Up to 10% commission on any qualifying product sale that comes from your link
- Banners are provided for promotion
- Access to special seasonal promotions
- Free to join
- The affiliate cookie only lasts 24 hours. If the customer comes back and purchases after 24 hours, you do not get credit for any sales.
- Due to Covid-19, commissions on a lot of products considered essential and others were slashed down.
JVZoo is an affiliate market program that has features that some of the other affiliate marketplaces do not.
Some of their referrals have instant commissions and some of their products can reach up to 100% commision for the payout.
They also have a real time tracking campaign that updates you on how your products are performing in real time.
Some of their products also have a two tier commission set up that allows you to earn commission off of sales made by another affiliate that you can recruit into the program.
- One account allows you to be both a Seller and an Affiliate
- Free to Join
- Earn up to 100% instant commissions depending on the product
4. Commission Junction
Commission Junction also known as CJ Affiliate, is an affiliate marketing network that has a lot of big websites and startup companies that have products and services within their marketplace.
There are products and services from fitness to real estate, to the marketing industry and more, that you can promote.
A unique feature that CJ Affiliates has is that you can gain access to different tools like dashboards, charts, graphs and metrics to help you increase your sales.
- You can upload text links in bulk through a simple two step upload process via .csv file
- Several promotion methods like banners, flash, text, content, pop-ups and pop-unders
- Affiliate Customer Insights feature that help with data and metrics to improve your conversions
- Real time monitor activity that helps guage how your links are performing
ShareASale is one of the largest affiliate marketplaces in the business that is a first option for a lot of beginner affiliate marketers.
A unique feature that ShareASale has is that they provide unique information like:
- Earnings per Click for each affiliate product
- Reversal Rates for each affiliate product
- Average Sale Amount for each affiliate product
- Average Commission for each affiliate product
- Real time reporting so you can see how your affiliate links are performing
- Access to exclusive coupons and deals of the products you promote
- Gives you access to around 4000 merchants worldwide where around 1000 merchants are only exclusive to ShareASale affiliate marketing network.
- Banners and text links to promote products
- Super friendly customer support for affiliate marketers if any assistance is needed
6. eBay Affiliates
The popular online giant eBay has operations in 13 countries within their affiliate network making them an affective player in the affiliate marketing industry
- 200% referral bonus for new or reactivated buyers
- One of the largest affiliate networks with over 175 million buyers purchasing $23.6 billion gross merchandise every year
- Dedicated customer support for affiliates
7. Rakuten Affiliate Network
Rakuten affiliate network, who was previously known as Rakuten Linkshare is one of the oldest affiliate networks, founded in 1996.
It is a popular network that includes some big brands like:
- Best Buy
- Papa Johns
- Gives you access to big-name merchants like Walmart and Best Buy
- A trusted name (Rakuten is a billion dollar company)
- Nice-to-have features like easy ad rotation
- Not as big a selection as some other affiliate networks
One of the smaller affiliate marketing programs, PeerFly is a dedicated CPA (Cost Per Action) based affiliate ad network that has a decent mix of big and small merchants.
Some of the bigger brands that PeerFly promotes are:
- and more
- Good mix of big and small merchants
- “Cash Flow” feature lets you get faster payments (for a fee, though)
- Weekly payments if you hit $5,000 earnings per week
- Access to custom tracking
- Access to their rewards program & contests as an affiliate
- The application process takes 3 days
Avangate is a large affiliate network that focuses primarily on digital goods and software products.
They have a unique reporting and analytics feature that provides information on things like customer trends, affiliate product tracking and attrition rates.
The sites brags of allowing access to 22,000+ pieces of software, which is a big advantage to an affiliate that promotes digital products.
Lots of unique software products to choose from
- You can opt to be paid via PayPal
- They have a $100 minimum payout that is higher than most other affiliate networks
Previously known as Affiliate Window, AWIN is a German based affiliate network, that is currently active in 11 countries, including the U.S.
Founded in 2000, the network works with both digital and physical products, primarily in the financial, retail shopping (fashion), sports, beauty, home and garden, and travel sectors.
Some of the big name merchants that affiliates can promote products and services for include:
- HP (Hewlett-Packard)
- Real-time reports.
- Publishers/advertisers are heavily vetted.
- Pays out twice per month ($20 minimum).
- Sign-up requires paying $5 in advance.
- Accounts that do not get approved do not have $5 fee returned.
Affiliate marketing has a lot of different resources and platforms that can allow you to generate and scale passive income.
You can focus on just one of thes platforms or even promote for a combination of several platforms.
Your success in the affiliate marketing industry is all based on the effort you want to put into it.